View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 04:45 PM   #2760
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

New cat in the house, well he was a foster kitten originally, and Nicola took him when she left but of course he came back on Frida.

This morning, interestingly it was again Harley that woke me by 05.00 not Duke. So I fed them by 05.30 and had a mug of tea, surfed the web, then headed out to one of the two bootfairs I usually go to, except, halfway there a lot of rain, and I realised that turning back made more sense, so came home and went into the garage to retrieve some cans of paint that would never be used again and started to paint the Biltong cabinet, and the shelves and supports I fitted yesterday, making it look like a clowns boudoir.

I also dropped some paint and then splashed some more on the floorboards. Watch this space.

While painting the shelves, I put the ladder I had used to get to the top of the cabinet outside.
Those who have noticed the bird houses in the trees saw the one above the shed, it has a family of starlings, same as last year, however, Harley is a hunter killer when it comes to wildlife.

This was this morning, while I was inside the shed, I noticed her on the stepladder.

When I got in tonight..........

Highly unlikely to be this brain surgeon.

After Katy got up and showered, I closed shop, shoe reread etc, then we were off to Whitstable for the rest of the day.

Got very lucky, got a parking space at the harbour, then went walking for 2 hrs in town.

Loads of little shops, and then loads of city style shops, unfortunately making their way into this seaside fishing village, and killing of its old character.

Still, there is some humour left in the old shopkeepers. As evidenced by this shop sign.

Some clever graffiti around town.

This made me chuckle

Katy was in heaven too, clear road signs ensured she never gets lost in town.

Once done shopping and walking around town we returned to the car, Katy went off to get us fish and chips which of course we had sitting in the rear of the Prozac-mobile.

A fully functional fishing harbour, this place is always buzzing, and a nice place to spend a day.

After this we went to look at a Skoda Fun for PedalcarJoe (Ernie) and then took a drive to a small seaside residential village called Seasalter.

Home by 18.00 and concluding a great weekend.

Back to work in the morning.

Thanks for checking in and your comments.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote