View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 09:08 PM   #40
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: 5 speed trans choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnbnanamn View Post
Resurrecting an old thread.. I'm building a 400 SB engine (First-ever engine build), and am wanting to go manual drive. From the looks of it, a NV3500/4500 is out for me, because they are slow to shift. I'm not looking to race this truck, but considering my driving habits, and the fact that I will want to occasionally bark/burn the tires, and launch once in a while. That also rules out a T-5. A TKO is a crap-ton of cash, and will be a last resort (due to cost and I have a bench seat.. for now).
Also, LockDoc's links for DennyMac are out of date.. None of them work. So here are my questions:

What is the AX-15 like to shift? Long rows, or does it shift quickly? What type of speedo connection?
A T-56 is a possibility.. Again.. I have a bench seat.. Uggh.

Since this thread is a few years old.. What have you guys found that has worked well? Any recommendations for me? I'm taking out the inline-6 w/ 3OTT, and really want to stick with a manual trans with my 400.
Any info you guys can provide would be appreciated.

As far as the DennyMac site links in my posts, all you have to do is click on the DENNYMAC.com link in the error page that comes up and it will take you right to the DennyMac web site.... So in reality they still work.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote