View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 04:25 AM   #2781
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry64 View Post
That is an interesting engine stand. Never with a bottom like that, it is usually 4x4 tubing. Like your interesting posts, never enough friendship.
Hey Larry thanks for the reply.

You are not the only one.

It is actually a removable steel tray the previous owner had made to catch leaks, tools and nuts that dropped.

I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prflyer1 View Post
Love the bike with the warbird paint and white walls!
There are a lot of guys here that like a small shopper style bike to cruise around on at car shows etc.

I had planned to use this one like at too, but ended needing space more.

Some more mixed random ramblings for those of you who live vicariously through my eyes.

So of course I had Thörsten, Michael, and Ralf here over the weekend from Germany with much fire, animal sacrifice as well as much beer, both German and American

No vegetables were harmed in the process.

At one point this was the view out of the front of my place.

Saturday they set off to Santa Pod with their cars all performing faultlessly.

Including a few runs down the strip in the Cortina for Thorsten.

I spent Saturday further clearing out the garage which now is actually feeling bigger too.

Early morning while he Germans were still sleeping this was again he view.

It always reminds me that there is a lot of beauty out there that one can miss.

Sunday was spent in the garden, and sadly I destroyed a bumble bee nest in the process, yes, in a way I could not recover or repair as I was busy raising the garden bed again, and the troll under which they had nested, unbeknown to me was already pulled up and sideways when they came out in their masses.
I tried fire and smoke to drive them away, so that I could now carry on with the garden, those buggers are resilient.
I am still and was totally gutted as I encourage all life out there, and they do a really important job.
I hope they can rebuild a colony.

Remember the last railway sleeper from the shed build, rotten down the middle......

Filled with a good mix of soil, as well as backfilled and more flowers planted in there.

Job done, not totally happy, due to guilt over bees and also because it has to grow over and settle, should be OK then.

I had to go to the nursery or garden centre nearby with Prozac to fetch 4 bags of topsoil and 3 super sized bags of compost, as they have deals that force you to buy the extra

I did see this beauty parked up outside the garden centre.

A rare beast for sure.

By 4pm on Sunday the German posse had returned and we started another fire.....

Much eating, drinking and of course BBQ-Ing followed, and it got so good that we ended up toasting bread and eating that with a variety of sauces, jams etc.

This was a great retro car weekend, spent with friends.

I feel refreshed.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote