View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 02:21 AM   #8
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
Congrats Rian ,well deserved ,besides you are doing the hard part of this .
Thanks John,

See report below...... hardest part done last night.

Just wish a few more people would drop a dime or two in the tin..... to help me get to my personal goal.

30 July.....!!!

What has happened to the year?

Halfway gone.

Even Dukey was surprised.

Part of the speed it's gone with is he fact that my job has stepped up a notch or two and that I am certainly more busy now than ever before, leaving less time for the good stuff.

Speaking of good stuff,

Thank you CraigRK and wife Lorraine for supporting the ride and charity.

I actually posted on FB, which I had not planned on ever doing to see if I could generate any more support, even the single units and price of a burger or a pint of beer donations make a difference.
I was thinking of the loose coins in a wallet that people often toss into a rattle can on the street.......

Not proud, happy to have them added to the total or sent via PayPal for me to deposit onto the Just Giving page.

Last night I wanted to get as close as I could to "Race Day" distance as I could, but have to say that after 3 km I did wonder why I had even set off to ride.........

Anyway, I carried on and ended up riding as hard as I could all the way, with the river Thames and Medway river keeping me company all he way. Thames in the background with Essex on the horizon

In the end I did 21.39 km in under an hour, only just but considering my lack of fitness, I was very pleased.

I duplicated quite a bit of the route to get the distance and then also went and stretched it up at the farm.

And for the clever analysts.......

Today is Friday and next Friday 7th of July is the ride of course.

The next week is filled with meetings etc, and I have to get up at 04.30 tomorrow (Saturday) to be on a 06.00 train to London for an academic meeting at the Royal College of Physicians to 5.00pm
Sunday delivering pallets to CraigRK and a BBQ with them....

Looking forward to having a cold beer tonight when the admin is out the way.

Please if you have considered contributing, continue to consider and then do it.

Later all.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote