Thread: 76 swb
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 02:33 PM   #1
basher13

76 swb

Almost 10 years ago I layed eyes on this truck sitting in a coworkers dad's garage. I bugged him off and on about selling it, seems like every time I was in between projects I'd mention it and he'd laugh and say "not yet". I switched companies for 4-5 years and am now back working with him. Of course I bring up the truck again and instead of saying the typical reaponse he tells me his dad wants it out....yahtzee!
After a bit of back and forth on the price we had an agreement and I was loading it up to bring it home.

The story I had always heard was that his uncle had built a pretty healthy 400 and after driving it for a summer he started in on the bodywork. The cab and front clip are from an 86 that was a state vehicle on the dry side of the mountains, zero rust. Which is good because I don't like dealing with rust.
I've had it for just over a week and have been working on getting it back up and running. Fresh gas, different carb, new fuel filter and a battery and I've got it up and going, sounds pretty good too.

The plan? Well today's plan is to get it in one color and closer to the ground. I'm looking at the available kits for something like a 5/7. I'll run the SS wheels until I decide which direction I really want to go...18's or steelies with poverty caps is what I like.
Attached Images

basher13 is offline   Reply With Quote