View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 06:38 AM   #20
special-K
Special Order

Re: Closed on Saturdays

Retail schedules suck. They rarely get two days off together and getting two weekdays off isn't the same as getting the weekend. Those people can't ask to have the family reunion, car shows, special events, moved to Wednesdays either.

I'm fine wth a business taking the weekend off and me finding a way to deal with it. That's what everyone did in my earlier years and prior. We used to have "Blue Laws" where only necessities could be sold on Sunday...food, fuel, medical, hygene is about it. The shopping district, parts stores, lumber yards, scrap yards all shut down at noon on Saturday. It was a better world. The pace let up and people regrouped between weeks. Gave families time to be together and workers could get some piece of mind. Today it's 24/7/365 I want it all and I want it now. It sure doesn't seem to serve to make people any more happy or content. People are now getting used to tapping a button and having their wish come true in under 24 hours. That mentality is oozing into the service industries and people expect intangibles to magically disappear. Patience is a virtue. That holds true even more now than ever. There ain't no gettin' around it. If something is worth having, it's worth waiting for. I built many trucks during the "Blue Laws" period. Just had to do what I had to do.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote