View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 12:39 PM   #1
CraigT

New to the Forum, Introduction

I'm a new guy and got a couple PM's encouraging me to post info about my truck. I've already been lurking and reading threads for a couple months, I guess I should introduce myself.

I recently retired and have a small avocado orchard in Ventura County, CA, but am moving back to So Carolina in two years once our grandson starts school (...and hopefully before Gerry Brown confiscates my guns).

I learned to drive in my father's 72 K10, loved that truck, and replacing it was a 30 year retirement goal. This one was somebody's project 75% done and painted (although the guy did a lot of stuff backwards??? I'm still thankful for what he did do. she's a good truck). I didn't take many pictures of the process, but I'll post what I have.

Here's what I've done so far:

Interior
-Cut and patch two small rust areas in floorboards, POR-15, Dynomat
-New sound mat, pad, and carpet kit
-New foam and skins for the bench seat
-Got the original 8-track player working again (bought Jimi Hendrix and Led Zeppelin 8-tracks on Ebay )
-Replaced lock and ignition cylinders
-Replaced water temp gauge
-Install aftermarket A/C and electronic controls (in process)

Suspension and Brakes
-Replaced EVERYTHING with original spec stuff (drag link, tie rods & ends, bushings, springs, shackles, U-bolts, shocks (KYB), etc)
-Replaced cheesy chrome diff covers with OEM black, new seals etc)
-New brake pads (disc, drums, calipers, lines done by previous owner)
-New 4x4 lock-outs

Exterior
-Replaced color matched 15x8 Rallies with 15x6 steelies and dog dishes
-New Goodyear wrangler 31/10.5/R15 (33's were a stretch, but I kinda like the smaller tire. Looks more original)

Engine and Fuel
-Removed, scoped, and cleaned saddle tank (going back in this week after the A/C)
-Install Edlebrock 1406 performance carb and intake manifold
-Fixed leaking stuff e.g. New master cylinder cap, valve cover seals, etc

Some pics...
Attached Images

Last edited by CraigT; 07-05-2017 at 12:47 PM.
CraigT is offline   Reply With Quote