View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 06:44 PM   #782
rgunlock

Re: My 78 K15 High Sierra build - Fish Tremble

Been to 2 weddings ( a nephew and a niece ) since I last posted, so not a lot of truck time. Still working out the carburetor issues. Posted in the Engine & Drivetrain forum and the advice I got was leave it alone. Just bump the initial timing up to 12-16 and work on the idle fuel mixture. Been working on that and it still runs "ok" but surges, making it tough to get a steady rpm, timing or vacuum reading.

Decided that I would add "installing headliner" to my list of least favorite tasks on this build, but got it done. Took so long in our 100+ heat index that my interior no longer smells like new car but now smells like sweat

I bought some map pockets for the door panels, but the color just wasn't close to working. Bought some vinyl in a better color and have them at the upholstery shop getting sewn up. Other than the map pockets, I have to mount the rear view mirror when the glue sets up on the button and the interior is almost done.

Almost because I'm going to re-do the seat again. Member TCKR was kind enough to meet me in Ohio on my wedding road trip and swap me a frame that uses the full foam and has a tilt back. Was cleaning up the frame for paint when my compressor started burning up a capacitor or something on the motor, so I have to get that resolved. I just plan to cut the hog-rings and re-use the bench upholstery I've already got.

Pics of the headliner and interior, before - with sound deadener - and some afters. PS for anyone reading this and planning a headliner, the sun shades have to go in BEFORE you put in the a-pillar and side trim. Also, it helps to run masking tape along the upper windshield gasket and put marks where the screw holes are. That is the biggest pain part of doing one of these is to find all the screw holes under the headliner and trim.

The pictures make the contrast in color between the trim and headliner look worse than it is. I think I'm going to like this!
Attached Images

78 GMC K15 SWB, 350/NV4500/NP205/4.10s Project Hazel
71 GMC C25 350/TH400 - Project Angie
59 Chevy SWB Stepside (next in line? Not sure now )
2001 GMC Sierra K2500
rgunlock is offline   Reply With Quote