View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 07:42 PM   #4
thetrock

Re: My 1985 C-10 Silverado

I've read so many posts on various forums and looked at videos on youtube that I'm still not sure about what's the best way to do this type swap. Some of information I have is from years ago so I'm not sure if information I have is latest and best way to do this swap. I want to post some of information to see if it is correct. Any comments will be welcome!

I'll start with Motor Mounts. I would like to use the A/C compressor on the engine not have to buy the bracket to mount compressor up high and not really sure if there are motor mounts out there that will allow me to do this. Are there any mounts that will let me do this without notching the frame. Dirty Dingo, Holly, ECE, Tejas Steelworks, etc. Tejas Steelworks claims theirs will but on one of the videos I looked at, they had to notch out the mount and grind off a rib on engine behind motor mount so not sure if you can or not. I also saw a post that the 1999 to 2002 5.3 a/c system can be hooked up to your current a/c system in truck and that the compressor has a flat space on compressor that allows you to keep the a/c compressor without notching frame. Any suggestions here?

Fuel System - From all information I have, best option here is to buy the 1987 chevy TBI tank (only one fuel tank) with baffles and use the ACDelco EP-381 sending unit and use the corvette fuel filter/regulator WIX #33737 between fuel rails and sending unit. However, I read lately that some of the 5.3 engines from 1999 to 2002 may have two fuel rails and if they do then you don't need the filter/regulator and you only need a fuel filter between sending unit and fuel rails. Also not clear if the 1987 tank will fit in the 1985 truck without adapting the tank.

Enough for now.
thetrock is offline   Reply With Quote