Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 07:31 PM   #147
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

A little update for the week.....Got some parts ordered and they came in.....mostly odds and ends things that I know I will need in the future.

Today I got the transmission installed....YAY!!!!!! I had bought a Lokar linkage kit and it installed perfectly, shifts into every gear except 1st gear...no big deal I have never ever used Low 1.....also got the transmission cooler installed. I ran hard lines from the tranny up to the cooler and then used the supplied rubber lines to finish the connection....wasn't too bad to install especially since Randy does this for a living....sure helps a lot when you have the right tools for the job...and the knowledge...LOL...Slowly but surely I'm learning more and more. Got the distance measured for the drive shaft and will take it to town on Monday and get it cut down and new input shaft spline installed. Installed the kickdown/TV cable but have not adjusted it as of yet but that wont be too hard.

Of course I sanded more on the ole truck....got the roof sanded and cleaned out the drip rail....I am curious as to why they chose to fill it halfway with bondo...but I got it all cleaned out.....if they wanted the drip rail smooth I wonder why they just didn't use self leveling seam sealer....I have no clue but the drip rail is now back down to the metal....good part is I found no rusted out areas on the entire drip rail.

I will have to get some torque convertor bolts as the ones I got were the wrong size...no big deal...just get some new bolts and bolts it down, install the dust shield and the tranny will be good to go.

Once I get that all buttoned up I am gonna pull the cover off the read end to see how it looks...I'm hoping all is well but will know more once I get it pulled of.

So here are a few pics of what I got done...also the one odd looking one is the lower front fender brace...had to get a new one since the old one was badly rusted through.
Attached Images

Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote