View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 08:20 AM   #434
gigamanx

Re: 51' 3100 build in PA New to Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 to Life View Post
8-24 few pics of the front progress. still need to trim my lower cups a tad and finalize the cup to the LCA. as you can see I'm most likely not dehumping the arms. I should be dang near touching or about an 1" off ground when aired out. I'm not terribly worried about slamming but I won't settle for higher than an inch. This photo is max height, obviously won't be driving it like that. Ride height should be around 4.5" I'm thinking.

Everything is getting recoated and alot of new parts will slowly make its way back on the truck. Moving onto rear suspension soon. Gotta pay bills bf I can spend any money on this thing.
Great video. What made you decide to switch out the upper arms? As far as bag placement goes, did you just have to trim the frame so the bag didn't contact? I believe you mentioned before the bags are slightly bigger than the springs that used to sit in there.

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote