View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 11:45 PM   #2
Overdriven

Re: Searching for my highschool 1968 chevy

Well if you know who you've sold it to that's the first place to start. But if they're like most of the people I know (including me) they didn't save the buyers contact info. The next question is do you have the vin number of the truck? If you do and think it is in Mississippi then you may be able to do a vin search through Mississippi DMV. I have no idea how that works or if it's possible but that's what I'd look into. You also might want to try posting in the regional section of this forum.

Another option is the all powerful google. Google has a feature where you can search by image. If the current owner has posted any pictures (on anything besides Facebook) or someone posted a picture of it at a show, google will likely have it and point you to where it was posted.

I wish you luck finding the truck. My father and I restored a 68 Camaro when I was 16 that he sold a year later to expand his business. I was $1000 short of having the coolest car in HS. We of course don't have the vin or buyers contact info and it's been 2 decades since we've seen it around so there's no hope of ever finding it again. Plus I probably couldn't afford prying it out of the hands of its current owner. Best I can do make some new memories with my father recreating it with the 67 in my garage.
Overdriven is offline   Reply With Quote