View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 05:39 PM   #1299
oldman3

Re: My 50 roadster pickup build

Let's see how do I want to start this off. Oh yeah, today was one of my best days lately. As most of you know my wife Aggie, has been in a nursing home for the last 2-1/2 yrs., I see her everyday, but today was special.

With the help of her nurse and CNA's we were able to get her in my roadster pickup. Wasn't sure if the Hoyer lift would clear everything, but it did. As a matter of fact, it was easier that I thought it would be. So I plan on doing this more, maybe this year, but for sure in the spring when it's a little cooler.

So after she was in the truck we went and visited some friends, then went to lunch at Sonic drive inn. After lunch we came to the house for her to see the dogs, and what Mark was working on. Then visit a few more friends, and a nice drive down some winding roads. Enjoying ourself, but it was 87 out today and she was getting hot, so we had to cut it short (we were out for about 3 hrs) and take her back. She was so happy to get out and enjoy the ride.

Here's some pics

Pic 1 Aggie in the Hoyer lift going in.
Pic 2 Putting her in the seat.
Pic 3 Here she is with my and crying, cause she's so happy to ride in the truck again, after so many years.
Pic 4 Lunch as Sonic.

I know this isn't truck related, but it shows how close we come with our rides and what it means to enjoy them with someone you Love...Jim
Attached Images

oldman3 is offline   Reply With Quote