View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 02:18 PM   #278
buffydores

Re: 1978 Russet Metallic 4x4

The first morning we worked our way out of Wickenburg up Highway 89 through Congress and entered the primitive road system near Yarnell. We worked our way east into the Bradshaw Mountains over trails to Crown King.

The easy way into Crown King is Crown King Rd (59, Forest 259 Rd.). We did not come the easy way. On the way up we had to strap the broken down Pinzgauer in our group to clear the trail. Pinzgauers are super neat Austrian military rigs with 6 wheels, independent suspension and portal axles. In this story, our good old 'Murican iron represents the puller, and the curious foreign rig represents the pullee. Wish we took a picture.

This is the day that support staff following us killed both a Tahoe and an Acadia. Bad choice there.

After lunch we followed the trail system north into Prescott for a night at the Hassayampa Inn.

My wife hates this shirt. Can't imagine why.

Here we are at the Old Mill eating lunch at Crown King. You may notice I removed the steps. The suggestion was made by the mechanics that they would not survive long. Good advise. I'll also note that these heavy E-rated tires are kinda important. We came across many trucks with streetish tires that were just shredded. Things get pretty real quickly with rocks.

Finally, getting some R&R in the Hassayampa Inn Parking Lot. This is B, my wingman.

Last edited by buffydores; 10-26-2017 at 05:30 AM.
buffydores is offline   Reply With Quote