View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 12:53 PM   #1
DoctorGlenn

1956 GMC F370 LCF Rollback Carrier

Well I did it. I bought a '56 GMC LCF rollback off eBay to use in shuttling vehicles around as I work on them. Some of you may have seen the listing. The truck is in pretty good shape all-in-all with only a couple of minor rust issues that were painted over in glossy black. It came with paperwork that shows it being titled in Nebraska in 1965 and then fitted with the rollback bed in 1999 and used in Pennsylvania until 2002. I've got the paperwork from the bed installation and will be contacting the manufacturer (Kilar) in a couple of days.

At some point before the bed was installed, the original 334 V8 was replaced by a BBC 427. I haven't yet been able to get to the block casting number to determine the vintage and if it's a tall deck. That's backed up with the factory installed Spicer 5652B 5-speed and a 2-speed rear end. It has the deluxe cab with the big back window and Viking level ride seats.

Now that I've had a chance to look at the truck I'm building a list of missing parts, upgrade questions, and just need some help identifying some of the bits that came with it, so look for posts and know that I appreciate any help, information or encouragement you can share.

- Glenn

(Please ignore the F1 panel and IHC pickup in the photos. I love trucks...)
Attached Images

DoctorGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote