View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 07:07 PM   #10
BIGglaSS

Re: Wheel & Tire size for Flat out C4 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywrags View Post
I have not bought the flat out kit yet but I have a C4 donor. Can you share details of your diy build? Was it heavy fab work? I would love not to pay $300 shipping for the front and rear crossmember but I am a newbie when it comes to fab skills and my toolset is growing but a little limited... I like the idea of a simple weld\bolt in kit but if I can save about $2000 total I’d love it.
I would say moderate skill. A plasma cutter is a BIG help, plus you will need a solid welder capable of 3/16-1/4". If you're not confident at welding, or short on time, then I would suggest the flatout kit. The hardest part is planning, and figuring out the geometery. Since you have the donor car, be sure to get the measurements and geometery from the donor. I have seen a few builds that use the stock c4 front crossmember, but I can't help you there.

Quote:
Only if the front is too low in relation to the rear.
Dan, in the back, the difference is 10" ride height, or 7-8" ride height (measured at the rear of the rockers).

Here is a well-done truck that uses the flatout kit, probably the best build thread out there with a C4 swap. He posts lots of pictures, and measurements. This will give you a good idea of what is involved.
https://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97044

Last edited by BIGglaSS; 11-27-2017 at 07:14 PM.
BIGglaSS is offline   Reply With Quote