View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 08:35 PM   #28
joedoh

Re: My Dream 1950 Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lripka1950 View Post
I was looking at floor pans today, with the floor and part of the angled part of the firewall missing would it be worth it to purchase a complete floor pan to save time?
a complete floor pan is a huge project to install because there are supports under the floor that have to be drilled on the spotwelds and left behind. but if your pan is truly gone, it might be a better option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lripka1950 View Post
I started to to look at pullys, alts, starters, ext. For the engine I need to get this truck running anyone have a good resource to look at for the smallblock?
I gave this advice in your other thread, but try to avoid spreading your money and time around. mount the body, fix the floor, get it running. none of those tasks are a "sunday afternoon to monday morning" kind of project. I have seen a lot of projects on this website come and go, more than get finished. the guys who finish stick to a plan. the guys who buy parts build box forts and sell the project when its time to actually start working because a huge pile of parts is daunting.

just being real with you. I want to see it finished as much as you do, I love seeing these old trucks cruising around.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote