View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 11:34 PM   #42
Lripka1950

Re: My Dream 1950 Chevy

Thanks for the tips, I did already ask my counterpart at work he is the electric shop instructor and he advised even with the Flux core I would need a designated 30 amp. I have no more room in my pannel box as of right now, and my main pannel is in my mechanical room in the basement, it will take me a little figuring out to drop a sub pannel,in my garage but it may be worth the time and little cash for the appropriate power source right there in the garage.

On the engine this is the same engine that the previous owner intended to use in his everyday driver along with the trans, I will verify that this engine is good to go, there is some new components already mounted like the fuel pump, from what I could see already and there is a new manifold as well.

On a really good not my project just got a much needed financial bump, needless to say my contractor has to pay "re-emburse" us 15k for the floors that he installed and voided our warranty. So we will have a nice X-Mass bonus next week. This will be a great start to getting the chassis and body mounts made and mounted, along with a running engine. But like,everyone has advised body work and mounting first and get the engine running and drive this Beast down the road.
Lripka1950 is offline   Reply With Quote