Thread: Sold American!
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 07:24 AM   #35
special-K
Special Order

Re: Sold American!

Nope, curdled right up. But... the sides are steep so the oatmeal never boils out. Tapered bowls will make you a nice mess in the microwave if not careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%Chevy View Post
Now,I've found that big box stores don't sell what you want.They will give you a couple choices of products that they can make the most profit on.The higher price American made products never get to the shelves.Not enough profit in it!
And,most people don't care-They want the cheapest they can find!
We have to change our attitude before we can improve the quality of our lives.
Mike.
Exactly! They decide what we need based on what's best for them... their best deal on a sea-tainer full or box car load. You also lose consistency. If they do happen to offer a quality product you are satisfied with, try buying another one six months, a year, or whenever later. That product will likely be replaced with the next bargain THEY got.

I buy old stuff made in USA all the time. I am involved in retail buying as little as possible. I put more effort into what I don't buy than into buying. There is very little offered that I need or want. I love a quality made item, if you can find it new. Think twice about throwing that old American made thing that broke. Can it be fixed? Think about fixing it. Repair shops will tell you "It will cost as much to fix this as buying a new one". Yeah well, the difference is the old thing made in USA that lasted 30 years before breaking is more worth a repair than buying that new junk made over seas sold at the same price. I say "I'm not here to fatten Mr. Soldusout's pockets. I'm here to get the product that serves me best. Let's fix it"

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote