Thread: Sold American!
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 02:02 PM   #42
davischevy

Re: Sold American!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
Any guys shifting more to buying online?

Full disclosure....I do this from time to time....although I do like going out and actually 'living' the odd shopping trip to an actual store.
In addition, I don't think that when I've shopped online that I've paid much attention to where the item is made...thus making me part of the problem I suppose....go figure.

Coley
The Answer; Yes.

Your comment about buying online causing you to pay less attention to where it's made makes me raise another point I ponder a lot.

Somebody, special-K I think, has made points about banks and corporations.

I agree.

Wall Street and the big banks and corporations created smoke screen that lets them get away with a lot.

Mutual Funds.

Most people think the money on Wall Street belongs to the greedy banks and greedy brokers. No, they are the ones that profit the most from the money, but the money is invested by blue haired teachers, factory workers, bus drivers etc. that have retirement accounts.

Mutual funds have made it easy for the handlers of the money to do what ever they want without repercussion from the investor.

If a company is failing, the CEO walks with his bonuses anyway, because the investors don't even know which company they are invested in.

Mutual funds are the best way to invest, but they also make corruption easier.

I have my 401K in mutual funds and have done very well. I don't take the time to see what is going on as long as it provides a good return.

All that rhetoric and got nowhere.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote