View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 03:06 PM   #143
simicrintz

Re: 1972 Build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spf79 View Post
Looks amazing! I like the ram horns, I almost ran with those. Still might if these headers don't fit.
I bet the Datsun was like a mini dragster!! I knew a guy that had a 4wd chevy luv with a sbc in it... lol, it broke every time he drove it.
I read one of your posts on another thread, did you say you have a jeepster?
I was looking at a Jeepster bull nose basket case before I ran across my current project. I have no regrets, but I do like the Jeepsters.
Thank you! The ram horns were ceramic coated so they should stay nice looking. I've ran headers before (have them on my Jeepster) but not sure they really add much so will stay with stock manifolds here.

Those little trucks were just not build for the weight or power or weight of the non stock engines But you're right; it was a blast to drive!

You are better off with the Blazer than a Jeepster, especially when it comes to parts. Then there is the "a bull nose isn't a real Jeepster" banter that you would have had to put up with if you had gone that route! They are cool rigs though; I'll attach a pic (probably crooked!) of mine (and if that is not allowed on the board, will a mod please remove or let me know?).
Attached Images