View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 09:54 AM   #1364
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
Wish I had that kinda skill!
It's less skill and more wing-it than most would realize. Looks ok from a little distance. A real skilled carpenter would see my mistakes in a minute. But I work cheap and don't complain a lot to my boss! She loves me anyway.

Just another garage update. Last month I installed an electric heater in the garage mainly to keep it from freezing up. Its tough to warm a shop up from about 20F to comfortable in a short time and until my home refi went through I was out of cash and this was cheap. Black Friday special for about $50 and I already had most of what I needed to install it.

And it works good. I keep it on low and even during our worst weather so far it kept it in the low 40's, which is perfect. Not comfortable to work in but not bad and much easier to warm it up from there to a comfortable 60F.

But after the refi, I'm using a little money to get the heater I really wanted.

The electricity here is pretty expensive and my power bill next month will probably put a sizable dent in my bank account. Propane isn't as cheap as natural gas, but cheaper than electricity for heat. Menards has a sale!

I got it mounted yesterday and I'm hoping to finish the install tonight. It's been relatively warm the past few days (average high for the previous 3 weeks was about 8F) but the cold comes back tomorrow so I really want to get this install done.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote