View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 08:39 PM   #16
Curtb1971

Re: Corvette filterm/regulator fitting help

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
DO NOT USE 640863 & 640940 THEY HAVE A DEFECTIVE INTERNAL RETAINER. The Mfg'r has been contacted and served a # of times regarding this product but refuses to recall because that would admit fault. The plastic retainers to not properly seat on the barbs and can pull off under pressure. There are huuuuge horror stories on the net about these resulting in fires.
I've heard nightmare stories about these fittings and stayed away from them. That's why I leaned toward the "fast" threaded fitting for the fuel rail and regulator. I'm gonna try to make these work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daaaanz67 View Post
Mine did the same thing with Russel fittings. I think I just slightly pulled the two lines apart putting a slight bend on the outer line and that allowed the fittings to slide on. I would put the middle one on first and then the outer. This might sound crazy but the bend is very little and never had a problem. I’ll see if I can find a photo.
Did this and put a small tweak in the two and now I can use the threaded quick connect! Thanks man, I believe this will work out. Truck is orange already and don't want it to be "flame" orange
Attached Images

Curtb1971 is offline   Reply With Quote