View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 07:12 PM   #279
smbrouss70

Re: Ratchet's Blazer - 1970 2wd with Original paint

I had ordered a Kore 3 setup (355mm Hybrid front and 330mm Z51 rear with parking brake) for a 79 firebird, which worked on the other truck since I used a 79 Z28 front subframe on it and this 79 firebird rear axle. That project is going to start over after the Blazer because I don't trust the connection of the subframe to the truck frame.

I am stealing the brake setup from that project, basically. After talking with Tobin @ Kore3, the tall-spindle setup that I have is the same as the C-10 setup with the exception of the hubs, since I have HD spindles for 1.25" rotors. If I changed spindles to the LD, I could have used everything just like your setup on your truck, but I would have to change tie-rods and ball-joints which has all just been replaced. It came out to be just barely more expensive to order some new hubs for the HD spindles, but with the 5x4.75" bolt pattern. The new hubs used to be a special order, but they had so many requests that they now stock them.

The only problem is that I already powder-coated the calipers green which was going to work with that truck, but I don't think it will look good against the blue of the Blazer. I have a buddy that can strip them and re-powder them, but I have to decide which color... I'm thinking a darker silver/grey/titanium color or a blue, but I'm afraid that if the blue won't match exactly it will look funny. What do you think?
Attached Images

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build

Last edited by smbrouss70; 02-04-2018 at 11:04 PM.
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote