View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 03:59 AM   #7
luvbowties

Thumbs up Re: 40/20/40 upgrade seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehoff400 View Post
does anyone have the 04 40/20/40 silverado seat in a 64-66 c10? i have a local junk yard that happens to have my old 04 silverado extended cab with the seat still. i need a new seat for my 66 and these seats are still in good condition. what is needed to make these work? do they sit to tall?
I don't recall the year, but it was close around a 2004 that I used. They fit great--look like oem-- and only drawback is they don't slide back quite far enough, & I'm only 5'7". However they are staying!

Fuel tank does not interfere, but rear glass & just under it do if I use my headrests. Love the built-in shoulder harness: wife might not ride with me otherwise; thank goodness my girl friend never mentioned them!

Keep in mind if you change st.column and/or st. wheel, you should get a st. wheel that has as shallow a dish as possible[and not too big as long as you have power steering] to avoid clash between st. wheel and front of seat. If you change column, install it more forward if you can to give extra clearance. You can always adjust brake pedal a bit forward to get more reach down there--after all, 67 and newer[we see more 79-87 now w/power brakes] had the brake pedal closer to floorboard than clutch pedal--look at some of them some time:wider and lower.

Seat width and height appear factory. Installation was a breeze--much like what pontiacgurudan described. And v-e-r-y comfy!!! A home-made carpet covered plywood console is on the to-do-list.

HTH, Sam

Last edited by luvbowties; 02-06-2018 at 04:03 AM. Reason: added info
luvbowties is offline   Reply With Quote