Thread: 47-55.1 AD wiring
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 04:26 PM   #32
gigamanx

Re: AD wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_50 View Post
I have gotten a few things done inside the cab and am trying to plan a few things.

I'm having to order the paint color for the dash. It's a nice brown I've seen on the site here. The underside if dash is as cleaned out as I can get it, and I sprayed rust killer/primer for a nice clean look, and to get in the little areas I couldn't reach.

Looks like I can go universal on light switch and ignition right? Any tips I should know?

I've decided on the tan 5 inch quad dolphin gauges too. I was going to go with a more original look, but decided that if I'm gonna stare at them a whole lot, I want something a little more modernish to look at.

I don't think these come with built in lights for turn signals and headlights being on. Not sure I like that. Anyone recommend a good alternative but close to same price? Or good ideas to where to add the lights?

Lastly, photbucket has made to many pictures disappear. Search pulls up a lot of you have done diy wiper motor conversions. Anyone got a link to a thread that still has pics?
I've got three!

1. The generic light switch may not have a low and high beam peg to attach a wire. I had to run a wire from low beam to the "dimmer" switch then ran the low wire off one peg of the dimmer and high beam off the other. The dimmer switch was also a generic one.

2. Figure out how to mount the fuse box before running any wires. Only after I had run half my wires did I realize my fuse box was upside down and I couldn't get the wires routed cleanly

3. Oh one more for good measure. Buy a couple of packs of those wire terminators to cap off any unused circuits. Twice now I've blown fuse because I left an unused circuit coiled up under the dash and it touched metal just right....bzzzzzt .

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride

Last edited by gigamanx; 02-27-2018 at 04:31 PM.
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote