View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 09:17 PM   #154
70cst

Re: Anyone running CB's in their truck these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffahart View Post
I will be buying off Amazon, here's why. It's what I would get anyway, new radio in the box. CB shop at Castaic Junction is Gone. The two truck supply shops, and these places have everything, just sale out of box, no help, just box with a new radio. So I will help myself. If the radio performs so poorly I have to get it tuned, I will look into getting instructions and doing it myself. I will need to borrow or buy a meter for SWR, but that will be it. I will not call on the Ham radio outlet again. In looking back he should have been more ready to help. I like to give little shops business. But you can't complain about losing business to Amazon if you give the same customer service = none or don't bother me!

Plus, I have you to help me... best help on the net is here!

I'm going to get it all assembled and see what I got! I need to start somewhere and get the ball rolling and see how I do with it.

Thanks for all your help!

j
Understand but... there are CB Shops that I would not hesitate purchasing from online. I prefer to buy from a place that sells and service these radios ... plus better warranty. Then again ... I haven't bought a new radio in years ... I purchase the older used radios ... Cobra is a solid radio- Good choice.

Bobs CB

https://www.bobscb.com/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bells CB
https://www.bellscb.com/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

High Voltage CB Radio Shop  

Electronics Repair Shop

Address: 608 Lovell Rd, Knoxville, TN 37932
Hours: Closed ⋅ Opens 2PM Thu
Phone: (865) 313-8709

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!

Last edited by 70cst; 02-28-2018 at 09:27 PM.
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote