Thread: 1978 K35 6x6
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 12:02 AM   #9
6 2 Carl

Re: 1978 K35 6x6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dads79GMC View Post
Excellent! Maybe I missed it, how many miles are on the truck? Thanks Mike
I really have no idea. It only has a 5 digit odometer, and I believe it was showing 48,XXX km. Who knows how many times it has wrapped.

I believe I'm the 4th owner of the truck.

Apparently the original owner built it to haul a huge RV.

The second owner apparently used it to haul logs out of the mountains for his sawmill. He's the one that swapped out the turbo 454, for the Pontiac 455. He eventually tore up the transfercase, and sold it to the guy I bought it from. He found anther transfercase, which is from supposed to be from a 3 ton international truck. I'm not sure if he wrecked the gears in the front end, or if, it was something the 2nd owner did, and never got around to fixing.

The guy I bought it from had it for about 8 years, and didn't put a lot of miles on it, and used it primarily as a fire wood hauling truck, that's why it has the huge ugly cage on it.

I've been working way to much, and the truck as been in storage ever since I got it a few months ago, so I haven't had a chance to play with it at all. I did take a couple pics of undercarriage shots of the truck, in an attempmt to try and figure out what I got, and how everything is set up.

1984 Frame 1990 Body V20 Chev Suburban 6.2L Diesel Banks Turbo
6 2 Carl is offline   Reply With Quote