View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 07:45 PM   #1
tutone

Windshield Wiper woes

Ok before you tell me to search, and I did, I have read the thread by Loc Doc over and over again, every piece of info I find on this subject, is not moving me along. It all started when I changed out my dash pad last weekend. I got it changed and put my cluster back in and reconnected everything as it was. By the way my wipers worked flawlessly before this happened. I got in it Monday AM and hit the switch for to wipe off the condensation and NOTHING. I switched back off and pushed the washer and they came on and parked after 1 revolution. Ok I naturally assumed it was a switch problem so I ordered one from Brothers. It of course, is not here yet. I tested my switch , and it seems flakey . I said all that to ask this. I would like to rig a temporary switch up so I can drive it without worries. I have 12v at the motor and 12 Vt at the switch plug. According to the expert advice, I should be able to ground both hot wiper legs of the switch to the dash and get low speed. Anyway, I did that and NOTHING. What am I missing.? And the worst part of this, I'm an electrician. What a PITA. It is a 67 3 prong wiper motor.
1955 210 2 dr sedan/1998 RCSB Z71
tutone is offline   Reply With Quote