View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 12:04 AM   #22
BFD305

Re: 1965 Short Bed Fleetside - Build to Daily Driver

Here are a few updates, It's been a while.
@Pontiacgurudan - It is the smaller frame Allstate (Vespa). We've had a couple, they are fun to have......not so fun to stop!

I am using the stock harness.

Here is where I am at, I will try to post some current pics.
Truck is running and driving!

When we first got it out to drive it was starting out in third and not shifting through the gears. After a little research it sounded like we were not getting power to the transmission. I fount the wiring in the harness to confirm and got the power figured out. Shifts great, I have a little vibration/shutter when just getting off the throttle. Not bad, but worth paying attention to.

I ordered the Speedhut speedometer box - I am hoping that works as well as I have heard.

I am planning to use the stock gauges, but have been driving with no gauges right now.

I need to get the OBD port wired in so I can check for error codes.

Having that rear frame notched is a night/day difference. Rides smooth, no bottoming out.

The CPP drop spindles have changed something in the front offset, I rub when turning and I didn't before. It is rubbing on the wheel and the lower control arm.

No other complaints. CPP parts have been great. Their Customer Service has been great too.

The engine sounds and runs great! Trannie is shifting great. I had some concern beings I bought this all as a complete rollover van from the impound auction. Definitely the way I will do it again, just wont get a van! They are not easy to get the engine out of.
Attached Images

BFD305 is offline   Reply With Quote