View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 09:37 PM   #159
BlueBullet

Re: Big Bird - 1972 Longhorn K30

Firday night I woke Big Bird up from his slumber. Splash of gas and a turn of the key and popped right off. Still need to get the timing dialed in. Will be doing that Thursday night and also getting the brakes bled so Bird can be mobile to get the bed on. In the meantime I got the driveline installed, front bumper mounted and the interior finished for the most part. I am having issues with the blinkers but the flashers work. Also the horn doesn't work but I tested it by itself and she honks. I am thinking it's in the column harness or blinker lever possibly. Once I get the column put back together I will be putting on a better horn button. Anybody have any ideas let's hear them. I am sloooowwwly getting the electrical system figured out on these trucks. I cleaned up some black door panels and got some duri color paint and painted some medium green armrests. I will have to say they turned out pretty good. I was in a zone so I forgot to get before pictures. Almost forgot but also installed dealership tags. Big Bird didn't have any but the other truck I got at the same time did. They were also sold at the same dealership.
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753294
BlueBullet is offline   Reply With Quote