View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 11:53 PM   #174
BlueBullet

Re: Big Bird - 1972 Longhorn K30

Thanks Ryan!! It's really coming together now. I think I put so much thought into everything lately that I have to adjust my hat a little bigger.. Well today I gave the guys the day off at noon for the Easter holiday and worked on the Bird. To get the bed dropped I cut the C channels in half that where running down the frame. I then flipped them over and welded them back on. Now I have roughly a 2.5"x2.5" main beams running down the bed. Once welded I added rubber belting to the bottom with decking screws. Then it was back to the chassis. I added another cross member below hoist for support and also added a top rear support. After noticing the location of the new bottom cross member I may have to redesign my bump stops. I was on cruise control. Then I set the bed back on and admired my work. The oil on the floor is from the hoist. Once I get the front set into place I will be adding plugs until I get my power source figured out. Hopefully tomorrow I can get the bed pivot done and possibly the top hoist frame finished. Easter number 1 starts tomorrow at 1. Once those are done I will get an appointment set for exhaust and get working on headache rack.
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753294
BlueBullet is offline   Reply With Quote