View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 09:14 AM   #4
msg

Re: 66 rear axle, sway bar, suspension questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 View Post
I bought an adjustable one from Summit Racing, and it worked great. Felt much better than the stock one especially after the stock one split in half while I was driving. Felt like drifting without losing traction due to the body swinging back and forth while the wheels stayed straight lol
Yikes on the split! I dont know much about what that trac bar really does but man I wouldnt want it shearing off on me. Good to know on the adjustable from Summit, thanks. I had someone before mention that mine was bent but I assumed that was by design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGSigns View Post
I don't run a rear sway bar but I did go to the Early Classics super track bar that goes over to the trailing arm. It does make a difference on the feel of the truck. Has your truck got a front bar and what other plans for the suspension do you have?
Jimmy
Hey Jimmy, I'll look up the Early Classic super track bar. I assume mine is best to replace. Didnt know how tricky it would be to swap out a completely different shaped one. From what Im reading there are many folks who havent seen a big improvement by putting in the rear sway bar but for the front Ive heard it makes a huge difference. I have everything right now off the frame, in fact nothing is currently completely assembled on the front end. I have over the last few years taken what looks to me to be a stock front end and take each part and have it sandblasted and painted with epoxy primer.

Along the way I took pics of every bolt i removed just about so I would know how to put it all back together. Somethings I didnt sandblast due to the wear and figured Id need some new stuff. The front sway bar was the only modification to the way it was I had thought about, but if there some other things big improvement ideas a newbie can do that wont be too tricky or break the bank Im open to suggestions.
Attached Images