Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 08:38 AM   #5376
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty

could someone explain to me how replacing the intake manifold gasket caused my 1 year old starter solenoid to fail, ha ha

right after I replaced that intake gasket I battled hard starts when the engine was warm/hot it sounded like the engine was fighting itself when I tried to start it when it was already hot of course I blame the long tube headers, hee hee

I share this with you, because I thought what's the deal do I have too much timing, well that couldn't have been it cause I am running less initial advance now by 2* than I was before

ok, what is it vapor lock in the carb, must be the carb - - - nope

below is a pic of my old starter (or partial pic) my buddy Pontiac Mike taught me my old starter was not a high torque starter (not that that's what the problem was, it's just that there's two kinds) when the solenoid is bolted directly down to the starter like in this pic its a low torque, if it has a long copper looking spacer behind it it's high torque (second pic)

sorry I don't have better pics, I literally replaced the starter in an ally behind McDonald across the street from my work yesterday (Friday morning) Roadkill Style - LOL
Attached Images

Last edited by Gregski; 04-22-2018 at 08:55 PM.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote