View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 07:48 PM   #81
rtinniste

Re: Wtf did i get myself into 51 s10 swap

Quick update life has been hectic the last couple of months so progress has just started picking back up somewhat. Wasn't happy with some of my original fab work so cut alot of stuff off to start fresh which I'm happy I did.

But so far over the past couple of months the following can be crossed off my to do list
cab body work is done (except I welded up mirror holes in the door and I'm going to shave the heater box louvers)

POL chrome booster and master
front brakes 100% new from hardlines to bolts
little shop of horrors no toe steering installed
new mevtech idler arm
steering box was stripped and painted (depending on slop might replace might go power steering but really like the minimalist approach)
scored a super clean original front bumper, repop tailgate, and better driverside rear fender cheap at pomona

re-did cab mounts, running board mounts, and bed mounts

pops donated a crusty but running 4 bolt main 400 and 700r4 trans that we pulled from the 55 ford he picked up recently
just cleaned it up, new performer manifold, new balancer, new gaskets minus head gaskets, spray bombed it, and added all the chrome stuff I bought for my 350 awhile back
had my headers nickle plated and sending a bunch of trim stuff, bumpers, and my 4 link out to chrome soon

Welded the motor mounts in and had to push my trans crossmember back 2" for the 700r4 since originally I was going to run a th350

Cab is currently off on the roller again to paint the firewall then its ready to be finally installed for the last time. Still sticking with painting the truck satin black maybe single stage maroon, firewall and interior will be painted ford wimbledon white.

Motor is 99.9% ready just need to grab some black 8mm wires and a black distributor cap because I can't stand the orange wires and red distributor I have currently

Some kind of updated pics before finishing the brakes and pulling the cab off motor wasn't buttoned up

my current to do list for next couple of months paint firewall and interior, get gauges (have original gauges figured new gauges would be easier and nicer), finish the rear brakes, steering shaft, remake the core support. Might add a oil cooler since my dad couldn't use it on his truck
rtinniste is offline   Reply With Quote