View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 02:27 PM   #7
mr48chev

Re: Battery location

Since I don't have a tank inside I am planning on putting the battery (vented to the outside) behind the seat in a special made compartment this time around.

My other idea is building a wood chest that is tall enough to hold the battery that runs across the front of the bed side to side and holds the battery in one side and what tools, parts and supplies I carry in the other compartment (s) With some nice looking stainless hardware on it it could look pretty presentable.

I've seen a couple of them put in an old style cooler in the front corner of the bed that looks pretty decent. Cooler being bolted down to the bed. Those were pretty well show trucks though. Last one was a nicely painted Coke cooler and I wouldn't have known it had the battery but one of the truck owners buddies asked if he had an extra can of pop in the cooler he would share and he said it had the battery in it.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote