View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 05:39 PM   #173
jeffg1010

Re: "Project S" - My boy Sam's '72 2wd Blazer -The Red Sled

In celebration of Photobucket not sucking as much as they did yesterday (links finally work again), I thought I'd post an update.

The Blazer has seen some action lately. I decided to go back to my double wall top because the single wall was just too brittle (it cracked down the center line). My dad and I swapped it back and I'm very happy because it is just a much better top. The fit is so much cleaner. So, the hatch is also now back on.

I brought a huge load of parts back to the house because since we've now moved and settled in here my garage is three times bigger than the old one so the Blazer will soon be coming home.

I also got the hood lined up a little better so it will actually close. It still isnt lined up right but I made progress on it.

While it has been sitting, the transmission developed a major leak in the pan seal and a minor leak on the rear seal. Both of those have been repaired. While we had it up in the air, I spent a little more time checking out the floor pans. I am amazed at how solid this thing is compared to most i've seen.

I also had my insurance company get me a quote today to get it on the road this summer. In five years, its never been tagged or insured. Risky on the insurance... I know.

I'll try to throw on a couple updated pics, but sorry Photobucket. You're not getting in on any more new pics on this thread.
Attached Images

1986 C30 Crewcab - 63K original miles, original paint

Members I have met: mikey531, gcburdic, bashed, burbman69, TonyPieras, Blazester, GCncsuHD, custombuilt67-72, tsnow678, highrpm, PanelDeland, tanman722001, 47thriftmaster, babyblueoval, 68stepbed, JesseWebb, Andy4639, xs-style, TobyArnot, BigOrange, frednoah, brn_agn, k5hart, Graham57a, bhelton, AJohn6, SilverC10, 69CST, '71 Flame, RaceAGMC, Liz, Josh, MattPSU, 68corvair, Chevy350V8, mdeal, ccrorymc, mrhurt73, dmxxpert, Custom68, 84GMC, BionicABs1, BigBlockBurris, Ebfabman, ATP...

Last edited by jeffg1010; 05-18-2018 at 05:44 PM.
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote