View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 07:31 AM   #3160
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Cats are strange creatures.

They will take on and kill stuff their own size, yet if you put down a piece of meat or ham bigger than a 5p or 10c piece they walk away as it’s too big.

Likewise, my two have a water fountain with running water to drink from, it gets cleaned completely every week, including the pump.

But let it rain even just a little bit, and both are out there like feral cats gathering the rainwater like they are in a desert.

Ginger Whinger Saturday morning early. Happy.

I went out early to get some meat etc as there was a big BBQ in the afternoon.

I also came home via Chatham Dockside on my motorbike and parked it where the bicycle parking hoops are near an entrance.

When I came back 10 minutes later there was a Parking Charge attached to the tank.........

For £100.00 and if O paid soon, within 14 days it would be £60.00

Heavy handed in my opinion, and as there are no demarcated motorcycle parking spaces, I had parked where I did, not obstructing anything or anyone.
On leaving I had it pointed out to me that there are bike parking places with no clear indication outside the car park.

I will NEVER go back to this shopping centre and with all the businesses there sh!t luck like many already have had.

And if I can influence even one other to boicot them, then it’s good in my book.

This sort of parking management deserves only unpleasantness as does the company that employs the enforcers.

I may be wrong but I really am not happy.

In other news, the little vermin hunter air rifle I had bought off Oblertone had been brought back to Essex by “Chad” and then collected by Dave “Revvin’ Steven” and brought over by him and his mate Trevor on their bikes, must have looked impressive with a rifle slun over your shoulder riding a bike down the motorway.

Dave is a bit of a dead eye keen shot and knows his way around fire arms.

So I printed off targets for him.

Got the kettle going, while he fitted and set up the scope......

Nothing like a cuppa, some biccies and shooting stuff.

Happy boy Dave.

About 23 meters.

Set up to deadly deadly accuracy.

Right........

Now for a bit of useless information

Dave was in a the Navy as a young man and used to along with his mates, ride their bikes like hell.

Who of you know what the Black section in the middle of the pedestrian crossing lollypop sign is for??

Where Dave is pointing.

Well, believe it or not.......

It is a small chalk board.

For writing the registration number of cars or bikes that endanger kids using the crossing’s lives.

Dave and a mate got called up on orders in th navy after a night of spirited riding, it seems they had their bike license numbers written on one and submitted in evidence........

After Dave left I had a coffee and sat and pulled off a few shots at the target, the breeze flipped it over after a few shots and I then shot two more shots at the post that it had stood against.

This is at 25 meters, measured out.

You have to look in the distance near the garage under the tree.......

It’s a fair distance.

Impressed for sure.

Thanks Dave.

Rats......

Beware

Headed out to Craig’s for a coffee and natter and to discuss our upcoming American Road Trip.

Later.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote