View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 01:14 AM   #1241
MARTINSR

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

After working on my daughters and sons cars I got out to the garage. All I was going to do is find my center windshield moulding that had the metal it attaches to so I could weld it in the coming days. Then the poopoo hit the fan when I couldn't find it. Through the shed, the cupboard full of boxes of parts, all labeled by the way. Was very disappointed and giving up. My memory isn't so good anymore and it's kinda scary, I mean I KNOW I had this moulding with the screws going through the inner moulding and the metal support. I KNOW I had it, but then started second guessing that, geeez.

I went back to the boxes I had already checked and WHAM, there they were, geeez. Not only was this thing I was looking for but a bunch of others that I forgot I had, again, that memory is kinda scary being I just boxed these up a few months ago.

Anyway, I removed the little pieces of the old one on the top that I had simply cut away and was able to slip the "new" on right in there. It's ready to weld in tomorrow.

It's so funny how when I chopped this truck the first time I simply cut the pieces and welded them together. Butt welded it right in the middle. Now after working in the collision industry I simply drilled the welds out and put the piece in just like the factory did. So funny how different it is this time.

Brian
Attached Images

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote