Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 01:26 AM   #1377
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Thanks for the reply! I emailed Grant tech support last week and he said that plunger would pull straight out. I got sidetracked by working this weekend and it kicked my butt a bit but I had the wheel mounted last night, then today I filed 3 notches on the fiber washer which allowed me to push the horn button on then twist the horn button about 10 degrees away from the notches. I did some searching and I guess one of the kits has these notches nut my kit didn’t.

I gotta say trying to communicate with Grants customer service quite frankly sucks, they don’t reply to your back order questions. The mount kit and horn button I ordered were both on back order, I checked my account and it said the kit was available but not the horn button, I emailed and asked if they could just cancel the button and ship the mount kit, they just canceled the whole order, no explanation , no reply, just a cancellation email. Just as well, right after I ordered the kit and button I found the button. 🙄

Started mounting my Aries Step Bars, got the drivers side roughed in but still need to drill the frame on the lower lip for 2 support bracketsand tighten this side up but ran outta daylight, will try and finish these tomorrow ( famous last words ? ). Hate to say it but with my legs these are absolutely nessasary. 😊
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote