View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 09:46 PM   #2564
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Took CRLS to have a new tune done at LSXkilr in Bonner Springs, KS this past Wednesday evening. During the Q&A before Brian got started, he speculated that the previous tune was problematic due to the fuel regulator issue. It was likely that the hard starts and other issues were traceable back to the adjustments made when the regulator was already under stress from the wrong size fuel pump. At least that was the working theory.

Brian hooked up the original MAF sensor and loaded a basic 2010 Camaro LS3 tune into the ECM and fired up the engine. It started on the first try and very quickly began to idle normally. He let it run at idle for a while so the ECM could run various diagnostics and begin learning. Ran it up to city speeds on the dyno and made some adjustments then did the first pull. Several more adjustments and three more pulls and we were done. He took it for a 20 minute test drive and I think maybe made some minor adjustments to the shift points and it was ready for me to take home. Drove like a dream with no popping and banging, surging or stalling.

The numbers weren't all that impressive partly because the IAT was above 140 degrees for the last two runs and the ECM was pulling about 10 degrees of timing out under load. Still it made 333HP@5400 rpm which is a tad better than the 325HP@5400 it made at Justune. Not sure if the comparison is valid since the equipment and conditions were different, but what the heck... it's a work truck. We're headed to a car show over by KS Speedway tomorrow, hoping the rain will hold off till late afternoon.

Just a couple of more things to do. Hook the AK pushbutton start back up and install the new billet door handles. Will post up when they're done.

Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote