Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 12:53 AM   #1386
swamp rat

Red face Re: Rat repair.

Another long hot day, I cut a piece of metal to fit the hole I made in the driver side window opening, first I roughed it then I got out my stud gun and planted a body work stud puller bit on it so I had a handle to work with, then I ground metal to fit the opening, and welded it in place.

Then I ran up town and got a smaller paint gun at Harbor freight #46719, Then masked the heck outta the truck and draped a tarp over the seat and dash and made a cardboard insert for the back side of the opening. Cleaned and set up the new $13 gun and mixed up way too much paint... I got to say I am very pleased with the performance of this gun, I set it to have no fan shape and it was very controlled in the spray pattern.

When I was putting on the step bars I noticed that I had some spots that needed welding up on the inner rocker where I had some sheet metal screws, I figured while I had the welder out I better take care of that too so moved some plywood pieces under the truck and proceeded to get plenty of weld burns on the back side of my arm as every hot piece of weld splatter would hit the thin plywood and roll right into me Once done I scuffed the area and sprayed it with the K2 primer as well being as I had mixed up way too much primer earlier.

I don't mind saying with all the trips up and down the step ladder and up and down under the truck in the heat today took its toll on my legs and feet, its an Ibuprofen night for sure.

Next up I have to do a bit of work to the middle section and the inside of the truck, that's gonna be fun
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote