View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 12:06 PM   #121
Devil Pup

Re: Complete build change. Lifted 2wd

Well the truck was about to roll 3000 miles when I started noticing a few weird things. . . I had a very small coolant loss and I thought I traced it back to the steam vent.. but I also noticed that the truck would smoke in the morning but I was being optimistic thinking it was the hot/cold change we have been experiencing.

I rented a tester to check the Head gasket and it tested fine. . also no contamination in the oil. One day when starting it up in the morning it fired cylinder by cylinder, one at a time and ran fine after the initial misfires. . Later that day I turned the key, it kicked back almost like a dead battery. . I tried it one more time since I was stuck at work, it fired and ran fine. . parked it until yesterday when I had a chance to pull the plugs and turn it over with my remote starter. . Sure enough, the very front cylinder on the passenger side was full of coolant. . . hoping to just do head gaskets and praying it isn't a cracked head!

Cant be mad at a $400 junk yard motor thats got me this far but still a little bummed ha.
Name:  IMG_7629.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  45.2 KB
worried it might be a crack just based on how much coolant was in the cylinder
Name:  IMG_7632.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  99.6 KB
I drained the coolant and waited overnight for the cylinder to completely dry out, gonna fire it up and rush it into the garage instead of having to work in the wood chips in the sun.
Name:  IMG_7625.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  59.0 KB

She'll be back on the road soon hopefully.
Name:  IMG_7048.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  28.8 KB