View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 11:38 PM   #2571
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
Awesome news! Maybe next year you can drive CRLS to Washington for Goodguys!

Actually I thought your exhaust would be a bit louder but i'm sure it was muffled a bit by the dyno.
I think before we do another long trip, Mike, we're going to make a lot of local excursions to make sure nothing else is lurking! I did ask Brian about making a pull with the exhaust open, but he said the only reason it would make more power that way was if the exhaust was severely restricted, so we didn't bring on the noise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sduckworth13 View Post
That’s great to hear Vic!!
Thanks, Scott!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason7121 View Post
Great news and makes sense why first tuner was compensating for fuel delivery issues.
I thinks so too, Jason. Plugging in a new base tune made a huge difference right off the bat, so there was obviously something really wrong with the existing one. Probably no way it would have wound up that way without some underlying issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Glad it's running good again. It sounds great.
Thanks, Dale!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Glad Bryan got you fixed up. He seems to be a good cat.
Yes he does, Chip. He said more to me in the first couple of minutes than the first guy did the entire time I was in his shop. Main thing for me was that he seemed to really know his stuff and didn't get sidetracked by my theories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knomadd View Post
Great news Vic. Hopefully it'll get even better as the ECM learns and you can just jump in and enjoy CRLS like you're meant to.
Thanks, Duane. Kathy and I took it to the car show over in Bonner Springs last Saturday and it ran like a champ all the way there and back home. We have some more cruise in's coming up and Kathy has some remodeling plans for the house so I'll take some snaps of it in the Lowe's parking lot.
Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote