View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 09:46 AM   #3
Jackson's Dad 64 C10

Re: 5 lug bolt circle suggestions? Which one and why?

Great points, Jimmy. The truck is going to be a street driven truck, that I’m building for/with my son for him to drive (likely as his daily). He turns 10 next week, so I’ve got the time for a slower build pace. The goal is to have a well mannered street truck, with the character of a classic. To that end, I am doing an IFS for updated suspension geometry, for power rack and pinion and disc brakes, and improved clearance with a new crossmember (all for drivability - I have had several classics with drum brakes and the old center link style steering, and know how they drive - don’t want to put a new driver in that situation). I think that the biggest goal with the 5 lug conversion is wheel selection. Most of the IFS kits do convert to 5 lug with disc brakes. I am a big fan of being able to use off the shelf parts, so there won’t be an exotic big brake setup, or special one-off parts used. I can see the use of the truck evolving down the line, so I want to try and build in some flexibility, if he decides to auto cross it, or do something slightly more than street drive it.
Jackson's Dad 64 C10 is offline   Reply With Quote