Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 01:20 PM   #1390
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgunlock View Post
Slow and steady wins the race! Your windshield frame repair looks good.
And that’s what’s happening cause it’s so darned hot!

My first layer of seam sealer in the windshield frame, it’s cured and shrank down so I need to apply more. The windshield install company said they would prefer I drove my truck there rather than send out a couple installers, I mentioned the windshield was already out and she said as long as I have eye protection it’s ok to do so. When that time comes it ought to be fun..... I am also not done with the windshield pinchweld yet, thinking I may fill the bigger gaps with seam sealer along with some paint touchup I have jet to finish. I will be ordering a shield and gasket from Classicheartbeat.com and go pick them up when the time comes.

Got a question for you all, I have a used windshield sitting on top of my other truck, would it be stupid or dangerous to pad up the edges with a few layers of duct tape and lay it into the windshield channel with a layer of duct tape on the outside to hold it in place before driving it to have the new windshield installed?

I pulled my hood out of its storage spot, the outter paint faired pretty nicely but the inner not so well, I’ll need to do a quick (LOL) prep and black paint here before I reinstall.

My air conditioning unit I used this when I sprayed Eastwood’s Internal Frame Coating above the windshield Via the sun visor holes, I layed out a lot of rags to be safe but I did get a drop on my dash pad which is only in fair condition anyway, the can from Eastwood comes with I believe an 18’ plastic tube with a spray nozzle, I removed the nozzle and found a long length is plastic hose long enough to reach the center, the stuff takes a while to dry so I came back 2 days later and repeated, and if you look at the assy breakdown you know there is a extra part inside, I did my best to spray the stuff on both sides of that part
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's

Last edited by swamp rat; 08-11-2018 at 01:26 PM.
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote