View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 08:51 PM   #940
rgunlock

Re: My 78 K15 High Sierra build - Fish Tremble

I mentioned earlier that I had the AA bracket to mount a slave cylinder for a hydraulic clutch, but I never got around to sourcing the pedal assembly for the hydraulic clutch and I never ran into any builds that mentioned modifying the assembly for a manual clutch to work with hydraulic. So I decided to stick with a mechanical clutch.

Of course, I didn't notice that the AA bellhousing I have had no place to mount the ball for the z-bar. I ended up ordering AA's Mechanical Clutch Linkage Bracket 715534 which worked out pretty well.

I also discovered that the clutch fork push rod that I had for the SM456 setup was too short for the way the AA fork mounted in the AA bellhousing. I had a fancy LMC clutch pushrod setup with heim joints that I wanted to keep using, but couldn't find 3/8" fine threaded all-thread at my go-to hardware store. So I ended up making my own with what I could find. Seems to be working, but I think I will continue to search for a single piece of the correct all-thread since I'm not sure how much I trust my welds for this task.

One unexpected side benefit of this is that my clutch pedal now sits closer to the firewall. It used to stick up 3-4" higher than the brake pedal and I had to cock my knee sideways to work it so I wouldn't bump the steering wheel. Now its right down there with the brake pedal and much more comfortable to use.
Attached Images

78 GMC K15 SWB, 350/NV4500/NP205/4.10s Project Hazel
71 GMC C25 350/TH400 - Project Angie
59 Chevy SWB Stepside (next in line? Not sure now )
2001 GMC Sierra K2500
rgunlock is online now   Reply With Quote