View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 10:16 AM   #17
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: "Elwood" the 77_remix

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83GMCK2500 View Post
Am I looking at this right? Were you successful in extracting the last bolt? I read back through and didn't see where you'd mentioned it. If so, congrats!
Great looking updates.
My appoligies, i thought i had covered that.
Yes, I managed to resolve my broken bolt issue. I had a friend reach out to me offering the use of some drill bits he had bought that claimed they would drill through "anything" . He had seen them demo the "Bad Dog" brand bits at a car show. They were drilling holes in a file with them so and carry a lifetime warranty.

I was skeptical, but will to try anything at this point. There were some intense moments as I worked my way slowly through the broken EZ out and drill tip. With plenty of lube and the loss of one bit tip, I made it through.

Now that I had a hole through the old bolt, I "assumed" the new EZ out would remove the remains, and I was wrong. I let it soak overnight once again in Penetrol, and applied heat the next day. The broken bolt would not budge.

Rather perplexed, I came up with a new plan. I bought a fresh tap, and slowly cut the old bolt out as I cut fresh threads. I was able to create at least an inch of good threads, so I called it done.
Attached Images

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote