View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 12:19 PM   #3367
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

So driving through the cotton fields into Arkansas the rain eventually let up, first clear skies in days.

But the trip was good.

Dinner at the Red Lobster, Cajun, Blackened and just sublime.

Up early the next morning we headed for Fayetteville to Clem and Kim’s place, well over 400 miles to go.

We decided to do a couple of hours before breakfast.

Crossing the mighty Mississippi early.

Choose the route less traveled

Next up we found a service area, filled thencar and then Dennis introduced us to another institution.

Welcome to Cracker Barrel.

The place was just perfectly paced when we got there and got seated.

Rockin’ Robin the General was our magical server.

In the mean time I gave it horns.

My choice.

Including Grits and Sausage Gravy and Biscuits.

After breakfast we headed out again, but not before a quick pit stop, I noticed the low level urinals, could it be that the Arkansans don’t like the cold porcelain coming into contact with their extremities?

Then on leaving town it all became clear.......

Biiiiiig Cock.

Leaving the city limits it became rural America again.

We decided to use Wayz to take us off the main routes so we could find some junk stores on the roadside, but it was Labour day, so mostly all were shut.

One guy has this display up in the rafters.

We continued to eat up the miles, passing through small settlements, many with long closed businesses.

Then.........

Surprise surprise.......

Guess what happened next.

Cop car....

Lights flashing from up front.

We slowed, pulled over and waited for Deputy Dawg to pull up behind us.

Got out of his car and sauntered over to where we were parked up.

Big hands on the doors window opening, he leaned in and in the most Southern of drawling accents addressed us.....

I cannot do the accent but Craig will be along shortly to re-enact it for your entertainment.

In the mean time, Y’aaawlll need to guess what happened next.

After leaving cautiously we stopped a few more times looking for random stuff.

Including beers.

Made another rest stop near London.

At last, not near but getting there.

Into the Ozarks.

Love these mountains.

Eventually rolled into Fayettevile by 12.30 and stopped for beers.

Saw this next to the shop, for sale too.

Went to meet up with Clem at the shop, the. Up to their house and picked up Kim his wife after dropping off our stuff and catching up.

Then down town to get some wings and beers.

Great advertising.

Like so many of the girls I have met on this trip, Red as is her name, was a professional server/waiter and she is as sharp as a blade....... Workong guys like me for a maximum tip, just making us feel good with an intelligent conversation and some teasing.

I love the banter and while I went to the toilet, the “team” of Clem, Dennis and Craig tried to set me up for a fall......

Telling Red the waitress to tell me I was not on my A game today and could she have a photo with me........

You know what happens next, right....??

When I came out the restrooms, I called her over and asked her for a photo to share with you guys.

You should have seen the teams faces and heard them laugh after hey realised I had pre-emptied their genius plan.

So......

I give you all: Red form Fayetteville

After the late lunch we went back to the gas station for more drinks, a lot mor.

Headed out to the race car shop now.

Later all.

PS: Remember the replies to us getting over for a second time, this time by a good old Southern boy with no sense of humour
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote