View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 10:46 PM   #354
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

On to the trans cooler. I thought I took more pics than I did, but apparently I didn't. So we'll start off with a shot of the trans cooler already mounted. This Derale unit is nice and compact. The built in fan shroud actually has the cooler mounting holes in it, so all I had to do was come up with a way to mount it. After thinking about it for a day while I got the PS cooler installed, pondering various bracket ideas, I had a moment of clarity. I could just use some 1" box bar and bolt that to the frame and radiator support and then mount the cooler to those. Gave a good standoff distance and the cooler is actually flowing "backwards"! Yep, the fans are pullers, but since it is directly behind the bumper, I figured this would work out ok. It's also completely out of the path of the radiator (sans the fluid lines) which was the main goal.

Name:  IMG_0166.jpg
Views: 1522
Size:  40.3 KB

A shot of the lines I bent for this cooler. A little more complicated than the PS cooler.
Name:  IMG_0170.jpg
Views: 1559
Size:  96.8 KB

And finally, a shot of both coolers installed and plumbed up but before I put the grill back in place. The PS cooler sits right at the bottom row of the grill. I did that on purpose so the fluid didn't have to climb too high.
Name:  IMG_0171.jpg
Views: 1523
Size:  51.1 KB

All back together the night before Goodguys and quick test drive to ensure no leaks and get all the air bleed out of the steering. This photo was taken the morning of the show as I squeezed in a wash before I drove it up to Loveland.
Name:  IMG_0172.jpg
Views: 1539
Size:  58.2 KB

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote